Nutella Fudge Bars have a rich Nutella filling sandwiched between two layers of oatmeal cookie crust. They get a little crispy and chewy around the edges and taste absolutely divine.
Once cooled, these Nutella Bars slice well and are perfect for care packages and bringing to potlucks or for your holiday gift giving.
Is there anything more delicious than Nutella? I don’t think so.
I love it so much I have a hard time saving any to use in recipes. I just want to grab the jar and a spoon and have at it!
Sometimes when you bake with Nutella, the flavor gets a little lost, but not in these Nutella Fudge Bars. The filling is mixed with melted chocolate and heavy cream, but the flavor is all Nutella.
The top and the bottom crust are perfectly buttery, chewy, and crumbly with just the right amount of sweetness..
A tall glass of milk and one of these Nutella Fudge Bars makes an afternoon snack that can’t be beat!
Kitchen Tools I Use
- Hand-Held Electric Mixer- I love my KichenAid Hand-Held Electric Mixer. I have it in the Blue Ice Color. So pretty!
- 9×13-inch baking dish- I love that this Wilton baking pan has a lid for easy storage.
- Heavy-Bottom Saucepan- I love the quality and shape of this Calphalon Saucepan.
Nutella Bar Storage
These bars can be stored at room temerature for 4 days in an airtight container or in the refrigerator for a week. Individual bars can be wrapped well and frozen for up to 1 month.
More Amazing Recipes Using Nutella
- Nutella Brownies
- Nutella Oreo Pie
- Bowtie Cookies with Nutella
- Nutella Gooey Butter Cake
- Nutella Chocolate Cake
- No Bake Nutella Pie
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (13-ounce) jar Nutella or 1 heaping cup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13-inch pan.
- Place all crust ingredients in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to mix them until crumbly.
- Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Reserve remaining crumb mixture for topping.
- To make filling, in a heavy-bottom saucepan, heat chocolate chips and cream over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Turn heat off and whisk in half the Nutella. Then add the second half and whisk it in.
- Whisk in confectioners’ sugar. Pour filling over bottom layer and smooth it into an even layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture evenly on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted December 15, 2016.