These Nutella Brownies have tons of that awesome chocolate and hazelnut Nutella flavor. They are unbelievably delicious.
Nutella is one of my favorite foods. I like to eat it straight up with a spoon right out of the jar. The flavor is such perfection. I am hesitant to combine it with other ingredients. I’m especially wary about baking with it because I worry the flavor will be diluted too much. Well, that is not the case with these brownies. They are bursting with Nutella flavor. There’s a full 1 1/4 cups of Nutella in these brownies. That’s a ton considering this is a small batch of brownies baked in an 8-inch pan.
Even with all that Nutella, these brownies still set up well and have a classic brownie texture. The Nutella adds extra chocolate flavor and richness and it is the primary flavor in the brownies. They are supremely fudgy. There’s also some semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed into the batter for little pockets of pure chocolate heaven.
How To Make Nutella Brownies:
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and grease it.
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in 1 cup of Nutella. Note: It will be thick and you will need to use a little arm power to get it mixed in well.
- Stir in the flour just until combined and then the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Drop the remaining Nutella by small spoonfuls onto the batter. Use a knife to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Don’t overbake. The center will still look a little underbaked in the center when you take it out of the oven, but will set up as it cools.
Cool completely before slicing.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days but don’t expect them to last that long. They will be gone in a hurry.
Try These Other Amazing Brownie Recipes:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella, divided
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Line the pan with parchment paper, being sure it overhangs on the sides. Grease the parchment paper with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract and salt.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir 1 cup of the Nutella until completely mixed in.
- Stir the flour in just until combined.Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Drop the remaining Nutella by teaspoonfuls on the top. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. It will still look a little underdone in the middle.
- Let cool and then lift the the parchment paper out of the pan. Cut into squares.
Recipe Source: Even Better Brownies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.