Macaroon Brownies are a breeze to make with two boxes of brownie mix and a super easy coconut filling. They are really rich and fudgy and if you love chocolate and coconut, you won’t be able to get enough of these Macaroon Brownies.
I’m a firm believer that every dessert should come in brownie form. And with these brownies you get that awesome macaroon taste with very little effort.
Macaroon Brownies are so easy and quick to make and they are made in a 9×13-inch pan so there’s plenty for sharing.
Just mix together 2 boxes of fudge brownie mix- use your favorite.
Spread half the brownie batter in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Then evenly spoon a simple mixture of shredded coconut (the unsweetened kind), a can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, plus a few mini chocolate chips on top.
Spread on the remaining brownie batter and pop in the oven.
Couldn’t be easier or taste more delicious!
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook and Pinterest.
Easy Macaroon Brownies
- 2 boxes brownie mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Make brownie batter according to directions on box. (You can make both boxes together in a large bowl, just make sure you add the ingredients for both boxes.)
- Pour half of brownie batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and mini chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over brownie batter.
- Pour remaining brownie batter over coconut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Brownie Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
11 thoughts on “Easy Macaroon Brownies”
So good! I used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola oil. Also used coconut milk instead of water. Didn’t use the chocolate chips. Halved the recipe and used a brownie pan. Baked 350° for 41 min. So good.
Sooooo, I made exactly as recipe calls for , baked for 40 min and still have a pretty gooey center with tooth pick test… bake longer ??
I made these with single brownie mix in 9” square pan. Cut macaroon ingredients in half. Used gluten free brownie mix and sweetened condensed coconut milk due to dietary issues. My brownie mix said cook at 325 and they took about 40 minutes. Delicious! A keeper!
These look so gooey and perfect. I want one!
There are two sizes of boxed brownies. Do you use the larger size?
I think they are approximately 18 ounces.
look so sweet. it’s great for a cool afternoon when kids come back from school. i suggest use some dried blueberries or dried grapes. xD have a nice day, thanks for sharing this.
If I cut this in half and baked it in an 8×8 pan, do you hunk the baking time would be about the same? Thanks!!
I think you should shorten the baking time some.
Chocolate and coconut! Yummy! These brownies look so good!