Cookie Dough Brownies have a fudgy layer of brownie, a thick layer of cookie dough, and a chocolate glaze. So thick you might have to eat them with a fork!
It’s finally flip-flop weather in South Carolina! My long lost friend, the sun, is back and that makes me so happy.
And when I’m happy, I want brownies and these aren’t just any ordinary brownies. They are special enough for celebrating the arrival of spring.
Super thick Cookie Dough Brownies are brownies for cookie dough lovers. On the bottom is a fudgy layer of brownie. To make it easy, I used a box of Ghirardelli Brownie Mix.
Once the brownies are baked, a layer of cookie dough is spread on top. It doesn’t get cooked, but don’t worry. It doesn’t contain eggs. The cookie dough has bunches of mini chocolate chips throughout.
These Cookie Dough Brownies are finished with a layer of chocolate glaze on top. Because you can NEVER have too much chocolate.
Cookie Dough Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- ingredients on back of brownie box
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Make brownies in a 9x13-inch pan according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- To make cookie dough, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk and vanilla extract. Mix in flour and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough layer on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- To make glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Bring cream and butter to a simmer in a small saucepan and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit 15 seconds and then stir until smooth. Pour glaze on top of cookie dough layer.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl
More Brownie Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.