Amaretto Brownies- these dense, fudgy brownies have lots of almond flavor and a crunchy layer of almonds on top.
I absolutely adore almond-flavored desserts and chocolate and almond desserts are especially enticing.
Three Sources of Almond Flavor
These brownies are loaded with almond flavor. There’s almond extract in the brownie batter, the brownies get drizzled with amaretto just before being baked, and there’s a layer of sliced almonds on top.
In addition to almond flavor, these brownies are intensely chocolaty. The chocolate flavor comes from both unsweetened chocolate and mini chocolate chips.
How To Make
- Combine butter cubes and chopped unsweetened chocolate in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Let cool 5 minutes. Alternately, you can microwave the butter and chocolate for 30 second intervals until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 9-inch square pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Drizzle with Amaretto and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 43 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. This is the hardest part 🙂
These Amaretto Brownies taste great served as is and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or they can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Brownie Recipes
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Bittersweet Chocolate Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Easy Macaroon Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Praline Brownies
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter and unsweetened chocolate in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently. When fully melted, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place sugar in a large bowl. Add melted chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, and almond extract and whisk until mixed well.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.Stir in flour, salt, and mini chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in pan. Drizzle amaretto on top and sprinkle with almonds.Bake for 43 to 48 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.