Bitttersweet Chocolate Brownies are fabulously fudgy with tons of bittersweet chocolate flavor. They are so rich and decadent. Sure to satisfy any chocolate craving.
These are truly fabulous homemade brownies. What makes them fabulous? The ingredients.
Firstly you have 4 sources of chocolate which makes these brownies have a deep, deep chocolate flavor. There’s 5 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips. Choose good quality chocolate for the best results. I use Baker’s unsweetened chocolate and Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate.
A combination of all-purpose flour and cake flour makes the brownies extra tender.
The sugar used in these brownies is superfine instead of granulated. Super-fine is more finely ground and makes for really smooth and tender brownies. It gives almost a fudge-like quality to the brownies. You should be able to find super-fine sugar at your local grocery store or you can order it online. It’s also great for mixed drinks because it dissolves very easily. Granulated sugar can be made into super-fine sugar by processing it in a food processor. Be sure to measure the sugar after you process it. Superfine sugar measures differently since the granules are smaller and take up less space.
Baked in a 9-inch square baking dish, these Bittersweet Chocolate Brownies are wonderfully thick and can be cut into itty bitty squares since they are so rich.
More Brownie Recipes:
- Cookie Dough Brownies– these 3 layer brownies are amazing!
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies– chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallows!
- Nutella Brownies– so much nutella flavor.
- Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies– who can resist 2 frostings?
- Lunch Lady Brownies- a classic.
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate to a heavy-bottomed saucepan and place over low heat. Stir constantly until melted. Let cool.Note: The more you have it chopped up, the quicker it will melt.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk in vanilla and then melted butter.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Place all-purpose flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a sifter or fine-meshed sieve. Sift into the batter bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until no flour is visible.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the batter and transfer the batter to a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes. Let cool 2 to 3 hours before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.