Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies consist of a fudgy peanut butter brownies topped with peanut butter frosting AND chocolate frosting. Double the frosting is always better. These brownies are chocolate and peanut butter heaven.
Nothing will cure your craving for sweets better than these Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies. They are the ultimate sweet treat. Because the only thing better than brownies with frosting is brownies with 2 kinds of frosting.
This wasn’t the first peanut butter brownie recipe I’ve made. I also love these Peanut Butter Cup Brownies. They are fabulous too. I mean, it’s hard to go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.
In addition to being really fudgy, the brownies part of this Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies recipe also has peanut butter chips for more peanut butter flavor.
But the best part of this recipe is the 2 layers of frosting. First a creamy peanut butter frosting topped off with a delightful chocolate frosting.
I know you are going to enjoy these brownies!
Can be stored at room temperature for 4 to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sweet Treats
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil so that it overhangs the sides.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar into chocolate mixture and then eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt and then peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 36 to 40 minutes. Cool completely.
- Lift brownies out of pan using foil and peel foil away from brownies.
- Make peanut butter frosting. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth. Add up to 2 more tablespoons of milk to get to spreading consistency.
- Spread on top of brownies. At this point, I like to cover the brownies loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes to firm up the peanut butter layer.
- Make chocolate frosting. Use a handheld electric mixer to beat all ingredients together. Spread on top of peanut butter layer.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.