Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats have so much chocolate and peanut butter flavor and a wonderfully chewy texture.
They are a great kid-friendly snack and adults love them too. They can be cut in small squares to serve a large crowd.
This recipe uses corn syrup instead of marshmallows so it’s perfect for people who like to stay away from gelatin-based products (vegans).
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Measure out all the ingredients before you start the recipe. The recipe goes quickly and you want to have them all ready to go because you need to get the krispie mixture spread in the baking dish before it starts to set up.
- Heat corn syrup, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn heat off and stir in peanut butter and salt.
- Working quickly, stir in Rice Krispies and immediately transfer to prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- To make chocolate topping, melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until smooth, then pour over rice krispies. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Place them in the refrigerator to get the chocolate to set up.
Use a 9×13-inch baking dish or a slightly smaller one. I used one that is a little smaller than 9×13 and it results in thicker Rice Krispie Treats.
For extra color, you can sprinkle on some Reese’s Pieces with the chopped peanut butter cups.
Store in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 cups chopped mini peanut butter cups
- Line a 9×13-inch or 7×11-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place corn syrup and both sugars in a large saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring until mixture comes to a boil. Turn heat off. Stir in peanut butter and salt until smooth.
- Quickly stir in Rice Krispies. Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Make chocolate topping. Place chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and 2 tablespoons peanut butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour on top of rice krispies mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top. Wait for chocolate topping to set before slicing into squares. You can place it in the refrigerator to speed this up.