Andes Mint Lush has 4 delicious layers and is full of mint flavor. The bottom layer is a fudgy brownie topped with a minty cream cheese layer, a chocolate pudding layer, and Cool Whip to finish it off.
It makes a great potluck holiday dessert. It’s so rich and creamy, it can easily feed 15 people.
Great Make-Ahead Dessert
Lush desserts are one of my favorite desserts to make. They are so creamy and dreamy. Because they can be made a day or two in advance, they are perfect for the holiday season.
Classic Flavor Combination
Chocolate and mint is such a classic flavor combination and this Andes Mint Lush has just the right amount of each.
The only downside of a Lush dessert is quite a few dishes are dirtied. But just think about all those bowls you get to lick!
I just used chopped Andes Mint candies for this lush, but if you can find the Andes Mint Baking Chips, go ahead and use them. I can never find them when I am looking for them.
Andes Mint Lush Recipe Tips
I like to add a few drops of green food coloring to the cream cheese layer to turn it green, but it is not necessary.
Fresh whipped cream can be used instead of the Cool Whip.
This Andes Mint Lush can be made 2 to 3 days in advance. Cover it with platic wrap and refrigerate. If decorating the tp with chopped Andes mints, wait until last minute to do it or they will discolor the Cool Whip.
More Christmas Desserts
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake
- Italian Cream Cake
- No-Bake Peppermint Pie
- Andes Layer Cake
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- ingredients needed to bake brownies
- 1/2 cup chopped Andes mints
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- green food coloring, optional
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Andes mints
- 2 (3.9-ounce) boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- chopped Andes mints for garnish
- Make brownie batter acording to directions on box. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped Andes mints.
- Transfer batter to a greased 9×13-inch pan. Bake according to directions on box. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in Cool Whip and a few drops of green food coloring.
- Stir in chopped Andes mints. Spread mixture on top of brownie layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until it is smooth and starting to thicken. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is fully set.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with chopped Andes mints just before serving. (The mints will bleed into the Cool Whip and discolor it if you add them too far in advance.)
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.