No-Bake Peppermint Pie has lots of peppermint flavor, a festive pink color, and is perfect for the holidays.
This pie has an irresistible cool and creamy texture. In addition to the peppermint, there’s also melted white chocolate added to the filling. Peppermint and white chocolate are such a great combination.
No-bake pies make really easy make-ahead holiday desserts. This one is especially easy because it makes use of a store-bought oreo crust.
There’s plenty of peppermint flavor in this pie, but it isn’t overpowering.
How far in advance can this no-bake dessert be made?
You need to make it at least 2 hours in advance so it has time to set up. You can make it up the 48 hours in advance. Note: If you are pressed for time, you can place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm it up.
If covered well with plastic wrap, leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can this pie be frozen?
Yes. Wrap it in foil and freeze it for up to 2 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
No-Bake Peppermint Pie Recipe Tips:
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room tempertture or close to it. Otherwise, it will be hard to get the lumps out of the filling.
- Add a few drops of red or pink food coloring to the filling to give the pie a festive color.
- Tastes best served with a dollop of Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- If you want to make a homemade oreo crust, you will need 25 oreo cookies and 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Process the oreos in a food processor until finely ground. Mix with the melted butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate or 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding filling.
Try These Other Peppermint Desserts:
- Peppermint Blondies with Buttercream
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 3-4 drops red or pink food coloring, optional
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 store-bought oreo crust
- Cool Whip for serving
- Use a hand-held mixer to beat the cream cheese, extracts and sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the Cool Whip and food coloring just until mixed in.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 20 to 30 seconds. They should be completely melted.
- Quickly mix the melted white chocolate into the filling along with the crushed candy canes.
- Transfer filling to oreo crust, smoothing the top with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.