Peppermint Oreo Truffles are a delicious holiday candy made with only 4 ingredients. Crushed oreo cookies and candy canes are mixed with cream cheese and dipped in melted white chocolate.
The flavor combination is magical! This recipe is totally easy enough for kids to make. It is sure to be one of the most popular treats on your holiday cookie tray.
Tips for Making Peppermint Oreo Balls:
- Do NOT remove the filling from the oreos. Place the whole oreo cookies in your food processor and process until finely ground.
- To crush the candy canes, I put them in a ziploc bag and bang on them with my heavy marble rolling pin.
- For the white chocolate coating, I use Ghiradelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers, but you could use white almond bark.
- Make sure the balls are chilled well before dipping in the melted chocolate so they will hold their shape.
- They should be refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
- Can be frozen for 2 to 3 months. Let them defrost in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
More Easy Christmas Candies:
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 36 oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes
- 16 ounces white chocolate melting wafers, I use Ghiradelli
- Pulse oreo cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
- Place ground cookies in a large bowl with the cream cheese and 1/3 cup crushed candy canes.
- Mix together using a wooden spoon or a hand-held mixer on low speed.
- Shape into 1-inch balls (about 36) and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Melt baking chips in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Dip oreo balls in one at a time and return them to the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Before the white chocolate sets, sprinkle them with crushed cany canes.
- Place back in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.