Chocolate Amaretto Fudge- this boozy fudge has a wonderful almond flavor and a super creamy texture.
Adding 2 tablespoons of Amaretto to this super simple chocolate fudge not only adds flavor, but gives it a super creamy texture. I find that Amaretto on its own doesn’t give the fudge quite enough almond flavor, so I like to add just a 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. A little almond extract goes a long way.
I love anything almond flavored and I especially love Amaretto. I sometimes allow myself a little splash in my coffee as a special treat. This Amaretto Cheesecake is another great dessert using Amaretto.
A few toasted sliced almonds on top add a nice crunch and give you a hint that the fudge is almond flavored. Fudge is my absolute favorite sweet treat associated with Christmas. Probably because fudge typically involves chocolate. Fudgy chocolate is my favorite.
This fudge is super easy to make and no candy thermometer is needed. It only has 5 ingredients (not counting the almonds on top).
Chocolate Amaretto Fudge Recipe Tips:
Sometimes fudge is a little too soft at room temperature. In my experience, this one stays plenty firm at room temperature, but if it doesn’t store it in the refrigerator.
Try These Other Amazing Fudge Recipes:
- Buckeye Fudge– a delicious chocolate and peanut butter fudge.
- Merry Cherry Fudge– flavored with walnuts and maraschino cherries.
- Peanut Butter Fudge– the fudge for peanut butter lovers!
- Cookies and Cream Fudge– loaded with oreo cookie pieces.
- Butterfinger Fudge– lots of chopped butterfingers in this chocolate fudge.
- German Chocolate Fudge– has an amazing coconut/pecan frosting.
Chocolate Amaretto Fudge
- Line an 8x8-inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom.Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the amaretto, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Transfer mixture to pepared pan. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle the almonds on top and gently press them into the fudge a little.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Lift up the edges of the foil to remove fudge from pan. Peel the foil off and cut fudge into squares.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.