Merry Cherry Fudge is a rich, chocolatey fudge with maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts. The combination of cherries and chocolate is a delicious one and perfect for Christmas.
This fudge looks so festive with a bright red cherry on top of each piece of fudge.
It’s not Christmas for me without fudge. Lots and lots of it. It is one of my very favorite things. Scroll down for more fudge recipes.
This fudge has a nice, firm texture, but isn’t dry at all.
The great thing about fudge is it can be kept for a long time and even frozen.
This is a simple fudge recipe. No candy thermometer needed. You do want to use a heavy-bottomed saucepan so that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
This incredible Merry Cherry Fudge is a simple mixture of semi-sweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate, maraschino cherry juice, and sweetened condensed milk. It only takes about 10 minutes to make!
Tips For Making Merry Cherry Fudge
- Either chopped pecans or walnuts can be used.
- Be sure to toast the nuts for best flavor.
- Once you mix the ingredients together, work quickly to get the mixture transfered to the pan. It will set up quickly and be hard to spread evenly.
- You’ll want to use an 8-inch square baking pan, but you can use a 9-inch one instead and you fudge will just be thinner.
More Fudge Recipes
- Butter Pecan Fudge
- German Chocolate Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Butterfinger Fudge– crispy, crunchy butterfinger candies on top.
- Rocky Road Fudge– loaded with chopped almonds and marshmallows.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge
- 25 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Blot the cherries dry with paper towels.
- Place chocolate chips and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk. Once blended, stir in cherry juice and walnuts.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Immediately press the cherries into the fudge so that they are at least halfway submerged in the fudge.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and then cut into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.