These Peppermint Blondies with Buttercream are perfectly suited for Christmas. With lots of peppermint flavor and a creamy frosting, they are a great addition to your holiday baking.
Christmas calls for at least one peppermint flavored dessert. These blondies are soft and chewy with just the right amount of peppermint and white chocolate flavor.
The key ingredient is Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses. They should be easy to find during the holiday season. They are a delightful combination of white chocolate and peppermint.
Blondies are one of my favorite treats to make. The buttery brown sugar flavor in them is to die for. Blondies are easy to make and you don’t even need a mixer. Just a couple of bowls and a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
Peppermint Blondies With Buttercream Recipe Tips
You will have to unwrap a lot of Hershey Kisses. This is a great activity for children.
To make it easier to get the blondies out of the pan, line it with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, use aluminum foil. Once the blondies are cooled, lift them out of the pan and cut them.
Frosted Blondies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Try These Other Peppermint Flavored Desserts
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake
- Triple Layer Peppermint Brownies
- No-Bake Peppermint Pie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Hersey's peppermint kisses
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chopped Hershey's peppermint kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 dgrees and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped Hershey Kisses.
- Spread batter in the baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- To make buttercream, use electric mixer to beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract until smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped kisses.
- Remove blondies from pan by lifting up on parchment paper. Spread frosting on top. Cut into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.