Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars have so much peanut butter flavor and a thick layer of rich chocolate frosting. Reese’s Pieces candies are sprinkled on top and added to the batter for lots of crunchy candy flavor. If you want a dessert with lots of peanut butter, this is it!
The bars are soft and chewy and buttery with a little crunch from the Reese’s Pieces candies. Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars are baked in a 9×13-inch pan so they are perfect for a crowd of people. They would be delicious as is, but the rich chocolate frosting really takes them over the top.
No one can resist that winning chocolate and peanut butter combination.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Desserts
- Double Fosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Deep Fried Peanut Butter Cups
Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces candies
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Take saucepan off heat, stir in peanut butter until smooth. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Once peanut butter mixture has cooled, whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until blended.
- Stir in Reese's Pieces and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in middle and golden brown around edges.
- Make frosting. Combine butter, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook at a rolling boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm bars.
- Sprinkle Reese's Pieces on top.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Love a candy bar based dessert? This Butterfinger Lush is a must try! Watch the video below to see how it is made.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.