Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Dessert is a cool and creamy layered dessert that will appeal to all ages. Chocolate cake mix is used to make the bottom layer. With only 1 egg and some butter mixed into the cake mix, it cooks up dense and fudgy.
Next comes a creamy peanut butter/cream cheese layer with chopped mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
On top of the peanut butter layer is a super easy chocolate pudding layer, followed by a thick cloud-like layer of whipped topping and more peanut butter cups.
It’s a great make ahead dessert for a potluck.
And speaking of luck- wish me luck. My son and I are on the way to Atlanta to do some college visits. It hasn’t really hit me that in less than a year he will be leaving the nest. Tomorrow I have a feeling it’s going to hit me hard.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Dessert
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Miniature peanut butter cups for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13X9X2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and heavy cream.
- Stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Spread on top of cake layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Pour on top of cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Spread whipped topping on top and garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.
Like layer desserts? You need to try this Butterfinger Lush!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.