Lemon Lush is a cool, light, creamy dessert perfect for summer entertaining. Four layers give this dessert plenty of sweet and tart yumminess.
The bottom is a buttery shortbread layer flavored with chopped pecans. Next is a sweetened cream cheese layer followed by an easy lemon pudding layer made from instant pudding mix. A layer of whipped topping on top gives a light, dreamy finish to this summer dessert.
Once the warm, sunny weather has set in, one or two lemon desserts are always mandatory. Lemon Pudding Cakes and Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake are always favorites, but I am especially fond of layered desserts that can be made in a 9X13-inch pan. They can really feed a crowd – even a houseful of hungry teenagers.
The oven is needed briefly for the shortbread crust, but the rest of this delicious Lemon Lush is no bake.
It’s so cool and refreshing and makes a wonderful dessert for a potluck or picnic.
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make this Lemon Lush.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, softened butter, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar until evenly mixed. Press into the bottom of a 9X13-inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Spread on top of the cooled shortbread crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until it thickens some, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour on top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour is good.
- Spread whipped topping over top. Cut into squares.
More Layer Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.