Honey Bun Cake is a super easy cinnamon swirl cake that is so moist and tasty. If you love the taste of cinnamon rolls, you will be crazy for this Honey Bun Cake.
This is a doctored cake mix recipe topped with an easy glaze. It’s fantastically sweet and can be eaten as dessert or with a cup of coffee for breakfast or a snack.
This Honey Bun Cake is so simple, but so good. It is sure to become a family favorite.
Tips For Making Honey Bun Cake:
This cake is so moist it will keep for at least 4 to 5 days. Just be sure to cover it well so that it will not dry out.
No mixer needed. Just a large bowl and a whisk. Got to love that.
Try warming leftovers in the microwave for a few seconds and serve with a glass of warm milk. Delish!
This tried and true recipe is sure to be a family favorite!
More Easy Cake Recipes:
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Honey Bun Cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour half of cake batter into prepared pan and smooth it out.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly on top of cake batter.
- Cover with remaining cake batter, spreading it evenly. Run a knife in a swirling pattern through the cake batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Pour over hot cake. Let cake cool 20 minutes before cutting.