Pistachio Lush is a creamy, rich summer potluck dessert that is a cinch to make. Two boxes of pistachio pudding can easily be turned into a delicious no-bake layer dessert.
Pistachio pudding is a food that takes me back to my childhood. I loved it as a kid.
I also love a good lush dessert for summer entertaining. They are so cool and refreshing and will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Butterscotch Lush, Butterfinger Lush, and Lemon Lush are some of my favorites.
But sometimes I’m really craving some pistachio pudding and it’s Pistachio Lush to the rescue. This creamy dessert has 4 awesome layers and is totally no-bake. On the bottom is a graham cracker layer followed by a cream cheese layer, a pistachio pudding layer, and a layer of Cool Whip.
Tips for making Pistachio Lush:
Once the crust is set, you can add all 3 layers at once or do them one at a time and let it hang out in the fridge between adding layers. Whatever is going to be more convenient for you.
If you wish, you can bake the crust for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven and let it cool before adding the next layer. I find the crust holds together fine with no baking and in the middle of summer, why would you turn on the oven if you don’t have to?
Try these other Pistachio-flavored desserts:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
Pistachio Pudding Layer
- 2 small boxes Pistachio instant pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- chopped pistachios, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press into the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip. Spread over graham cracker crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together pudding mix and milk until it starts thickening, about 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top. Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top if desired. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
6 thoughts on “Pistachio Lush”
I made this for St Patrick’s Day and everyone loved it. I followed exactly what the recipe says. It’s very easy to make. I highly recommend to try it, you wont be disapponted. ♥️♥️♥️
Can I make this with 2 percent milk?
This dessert is delicious! And easy to make.. I was looking for a recipe like Oreo Delight, but with pistachio pudding and graham cracker crust and this is just like it. I topped mine with finely chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries for the holiday.
Every time you inspired me to cook something best and i like all the post. Thank you
Great quick and easy dessert recipe!