No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie with a whipped cream topping, drizzled melted chocolate, chopped pistachios, and an oreo crust. So delicious and easy!
I grew up eating pistachio pudding. I love its green color, pistachio flavor, and the little crunchy bits of pistachio.
Perfect For Any Occasion
This no-bake Pistachio Pudding Pie makes a great holiday pie. It’s green color is perfect for Christmas, Easter or St Patrick’s Day. This pie is also a great summer treat since it is cool and creamy and no oven is needed.
Quick and Easy To Make
Best thing about this pie? It takes only minutes to make. The fantastically creamy pudding filling is a simple mixture of cream cheese, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and instant pistachio pudding mix.
Tips For Making
- You could put this pie in a graham cracker crust, but I love the way it tastes in a chocolate oreo crust.
- Make sure the cream cheese is very soft or at room temperature before using or it will be hard to get it smooth.
- Two and a half cups of Cool Whip can be used for the topping instead of homemade whipped cream.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Pistachio Desserts
No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ready-made oreo crust
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat the cream cheese and a splash of the milk until smooth.Note: Or you can use a stand mixer.
- Gradually beat in the remaining milk and then 1/2 a cup of heavy cream. Once smooth, beat in the pistachio pudding mix and granulated sugar.
- Transfer to the oreo crust and spread evenly. Place in refrigerator.
- Using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until thick.Spread on top of the pistachio mxture.Note: If you want to make the pie look more decorative, spread half the whipped cream on the pie and transfer the other half to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe it in a ring around the outer edge of the pie like in my pictures.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microvave at 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Place in a small plastic bag, snip the corner and drizzle on the pie.
- Sprinkle pistachios around the outer edge.Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from: The Two Bite Club
4 thoughts on “No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie”
Just made this for the 2nd time. I love Pistachio anything. So good. I always add chocolate chips to the batter.
I also used a store bought pecan pie crust. So good.
Huge hit…..made it many, many times since! Love this recipe!
I made this for Easter and it was such a big hit! Everyone loved it and it was so easy to make! This will certainly be a staple
Love easy recipes that I could use for group parties. Our lodge will enjoy this.