Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake is one of the most delicious combinations of chocolate and peanut butter ever. This no-bake cheesecake has 4 fabulous layers: an oreo crust, a rich peanut butter mousse, a chocolate mousse, and a luscious chocolate ganache on top. It’s so creamy, dreamy, sweet and rich!
It takes a little time and a lot of dirty dishes to make this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake but it is well worth the time and effort. This is an extremely decadent cheesecake that is worthy of 5 star dining. Totally better than a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
This dessert is very rich so it needs to be cut into small pieces. It has just the right amount of chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Each bite is a wonderful, harmonious mix of both flavors. You will be licking your plate clean!
Never miss a recipe.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake
- 24 oreo coookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped, I used a Hershey bar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Process oreo cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
- Combine oreo crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir to mix well. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. Press into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a clean bowl, use electric mixer to beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside. (Half will be mixed into the peanut butter layer and half into the chocolate layer.)
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spread mixture evenly on top of crust. Stick back in the refrigerator.
- Place bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. As soon as mixture comes to a boil, pour it over the chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir vanilla into chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour on top of peanut butter layer and refrigerate or freeze until firm
- To make ganache, place chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool until almost room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
adapted from Taste of Home
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Desserts
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake”
Thanks for sharing. I see the novelty of your writing, I will share it for everyone to read together. I look forward to reading many articles from you.
This is one of the most delicious combinations of chocolate and peanut butter ever!!!