Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie is an easy summer dessert that only requires a handful of ingredients. Full of chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
Easy Summer Dessert
Ice cream is such a refreshing summer dessert. And ice cream is even better in a pie crust, especially an oreo pie crust. This ice cream pie is simple, but full of flavor. Chocolate ice cream is combined with peanut butter cups and then spread into an oreo pie crust. To serve, it is drizzled with fudge sauce.
How To Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Make an oreo pie crust. Process oreo cookies and peanuts in a food processor until finely ground. Note: The peanuts add extra peanut flavor to this dessert but can be left out. Add the melted butter and process until combined. Press into a deep-dish pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Soften about 2 1/2 pints of chocolate ice cream. To soften it, place it in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes or on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chop the peanut butter cups and mix them into the ice cream. I like to use a lot of peanut butter cups. I use about 10 regular-size packages (20 peanut butter cups). You can get by with only using 7 or 8 packages.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to the cooled oreo crust.
- Place the pie in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
If you want to use a store-bought oreo crust you can, but you will probably need to reduce the ice cream amount since store-bought oreo crusts are not deep dish.
When the pie is fully frozen, it will be a little hard to cut the first slice. Run a knife under hot water and it will be a little easier to cut through the ice cream.
More Frozen Desserts
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bars
- Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Pie
- Salted Watermelon Sherbert Bars
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- Frozen Toffee Pie
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 1/2 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 10 (1.5-ounce) packages peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/3 cup fudge sauce
- chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process oreo cookies and peanuts in a food processor until finely ground.Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together softened ice cream and chopped peanut butter cups.Transfer mixture to oreo crust.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, drizzle with fudge sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups.