Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bars are a cool and creamy way to celebrate summer and are super easy to make. A thick Oreo crust on the bottom is covered with a layer of cookies and cream ice cream with extra cookies added to up the cookie to ice cream ratio.
Because I’m perfectly OK with the ice cream merely acting as a binder to hold the cookies together!
Homemade whipped cream is slathered on the top to make this dessert even creamier.
Of coarse you could use Cool Whip instead to shorten the prep time.
These sweet and creamy ice cream bars are as easy as 1-2-3. They are the perfect dessert for a summer celebration.
Like a graduation!
My son graduated from high school on Friday. I can’t believe how fast the year’s have flown by and I’m so excited to see what the future holds for him.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 28 chocolate sandwich cookies finely crushed (Oreos)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 to 5 cups cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into chunks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- extra Oreos for garnish
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and the 28 finely crushed cookies. Pour into prepared pan and use a spatula to press the crumbs down flat. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together softened ice cream and 12 broken cookies. Spread over cooled crust. Freeze until firm.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. Garnish with cookies.
- Freeze until firm.