Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bars are a cool and creamy way to celebrate summer and are super easy to make. A thick Oreo crust on the bottom is covered with a layer of cookies and cream ice cream with extra cookies added to up the cookie to ice cream ratio.
Because I’m perfectly OK with the ice cream merely acting as a binder to hold the cookies together!
Homemade whipped cream is slathered on the top to make this dessert even creamier.
Of coarse you could use Cool Whip instead to shorten the prep time.
These sweet and creamy ice cream bars are as easy as 1-2-3. They are the perfect dessert for a summer celebration.
Like a graduation!
My son graduated from high school on Friday. I can’t believe how fast the year’s have flown by and I’m so excited to see what the future holds for him. (Note: Originally posted June 7, 2015. He is about to turn 26!)
- 9-inch square pan– I recommend a non-glass pan like this one since it will be going in the freezer.
- Hand-Held Electric Mixer– for beating the whipped cream.
Tips For Whipping Cream
It’s much easier to whip heavy cream if you chill the bowl and beaters first. Place them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Start out beating the cream on low speed and gradually increase the speed.
You can easily change up the flavor of these ice cream bars by using chocolate ice cream and using a flavored oreo. Mint Oreo Cookies would work really well.
No need to remove the cream from the cookies when making the crust,
Mre Cool and Creamy Southern Desserts
- No-Bake Pink Lemonade Pie
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Frozen Toffee Pie
- Lemon Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
- 28 chocolate sandwich cookies finely crushed (Oreos)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 to 5 cups cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into chunks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- extra Oreos for garnish
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and the 28 finely crushed cookies. Pour into prepared pan and use a spatula to press the crumbs down flat. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together softened ice cream and 12 broken cookies. Spread over cooled crust. Freeze until firm.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream. Garnish with cookies.
- Freeze until firm.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted June 7, 2015.