Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie- this frozen pie is a salty/sweet treat that’s perfect for spring and summer. A pretzel crust, a gorgeously-colored strawberry-flavored filling and a whipped cream topping make this dessert hard to resist.
I think a pretzel crust may be my new favorite thing. It’s fabulously salty, buttery, and crunchy and the flavor of pretzels goes so well with strawberries.
The pie filling has tons of strawberry flavor. It’s flavored with both fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin. A combination of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream makes for a fabulouly creamy and rich filling.
Prepare Ahead of Time:
This pie needs to freeze for at least 8 hours before it is served. The pie crust needs to be baked but the filling is no-bake.
Tools You Need for This Recipe:
Food Processor– to finely chop the strawberries. If you don’t have one, you can finely chop them by hand.
Hand-Held Mixer– to mix the filling and make the whipped cream. A stand mixer can be used instead.
Deep Dish Pie Pan– There is too much filling to fit in a regular pie pan.
Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie Recipe Tip:
You can finely crush the pretzels either in a food processor or by placng them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie is the perfect treat for warm weather days, especially when strawberries are at their peak. If you love strawberry and pretzel desserts, be sure to try this Strawberry Pretzel Salad.
Try These Other Icebox Pies:
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium bowl, stir together pretzels, melted butter and brown sugar. Press in to the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat condensed milk and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in strawberry gelatin and stir in chopped strawberries.
- Beat 3/4 cup of the whipping cream until thick. Fold into the strawberry mixture. Transfer filling to the pie crust. Freeze for 8 to 12 hours.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Gradually add sugar and keep beating until thick. Spread on top of pie and freeze 1 hour.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Southern Living
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.