It’s officially summer and summer should be filled with easy, no-bake pies that are both cool and creamy like this Millionaire Pie. It’s full of crushed pineapple, pecans, and cherries and reminds me a little of Ambrosia or Watergate Salad.
And like Ambrosia and Watergate Salad you’ve probably seen it at many cafeterias over the years. With just a few minutes of time, you can enjoy Millionaire Pie at home too.
Sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip make the filling super creamy and delicious.
Just one bowl, a rubber spatula, and about 5 minutes is all you need to whip up this easy filling. Maraschino cherries help flavor the pie.
I have no idea why this pie got the name Millionaire’s Pie but maybe it is because the pineapple and cherries look like gold and rubies. 🙂
The pie filling gets put into a no-bake homemade graham cracker crust. It’s so nice to be able to make a summer pie without turning the oven on!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, mix together drained crushed pineapple, sweetened condensed milk, cherries, pecans, lemon juice, and cherry juice.
- Fold in half of the container of Cool Whip. Spoon batter into graham cracker crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (To get nice clean cuts, partially freeze pie.)
- Serve with extra Cool Whip and cherries.