This No-Bake Margarita Pie in a pretzel crust is wonderfully easy to make. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty with lots of tangy lime flavor.
No-Bake Desserts are perfect for summer when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen by turning the oven on. This pie has a deliciously cool and creamy frozen filling. The easy to make filling is made with just 6 ingredients: cream cheese, Margarita mix, sugar, Cool Whip, tequila, and lime zest.
Note: The tequila is optional and can be left out without sacrifing flavor.
3-Ingredient No-Bake Pie Crust
Only 3 ingredients are needed for this simple no-bake pie crust: pretzel crumbs, sugar, and unsalted butter. The pie crust needs to be chilled before adding the filling.
How To Crush The Pretzels
The pretzels for the crust need to be finely crushed. You can either do this in a food processor or place them in a large ziptop bag and crush them with a heavy rolling pin.
- Food Processor– for crushing the pretzels.
- Deep Dish Pie Plate– I love the style of this one.
- Pastry Bag– I love to use disposable pastry bags.
- Large Star Tip
If you don’t have a pastry bag and star tip, you can just spread a layer of Cool Whip on top.
More No-Bake Pie Recipes
- No-Bake Mint Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Golden Oreo Cheesecake
- No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie
- No-Bake Pink Lemonade Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzel crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen Margarita mix, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tequila, optional
- 1 teaspoon lime zest and lime slices for garnish
- Spray a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together pretzel crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press pretzel crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand-held electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in Margarita mix and sugar.
- Beat in 1 container of Cool Whip and tequila. Transfer mixture to pie crust. Note: You may have a little extra filling but most of it should fit.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Use a pastry bag with a large star tip to pipe the remaining Cool Whip around the outside edge of the pie. Note: Instead you can spread the Cool Whip in an even layer on top of the pie.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and garnish with lime slices.