Banana Cream Delight has layer after layer of creamy goodness. A vanilla wafer crust, a cream cheese layer, a banana pudding layer, and whipped cream make this an amazingly delicious southern dessert.
I like to top it off with chopped toasted pecans and coconut, but you could leave them off if you wish.
This is a no-bake dessert (except the crust) that is perfect for the warmer months. It’s like Banana Cream Pie in a pan and it’s wonderfully easy to make and serves a crowd.
How to make Banana Cream Delight:
You’ll start by making a crust for crushed vanilla wafers, a little sugar, and melted butter. You can either put the vanilla wafers in a food processor to quickly turn them into crumbs or you can put them into a ziptop bag and beat them with a rolling pin. Great way to get out your frustration!
Press the crust in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool before proceding.
Note: If you really don’t want to turn on the oven, refrigerate the crust for 1 hour before proceding.
Next beat together a block of cream cheese and 1 cup of heavy cream. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread it on top of the crust.
Mix together the vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk until it starts to thicken. Pour it on top of the cream cheese layer. Scatter 3 sliced bananas on top of the pudding.
Finally, top with fresh whipped cream, pecans, and coconut. You could use a small tub of Cool Whip instead of making the fresh whipped cream.
Each layer is so easy to make and together they make one heck of a potluck dessert.
More Banana Desserts:
Banana Cream Delight
- 75 Vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant Vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and heavy cream together until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese filling over cooled crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until it starts to thicken. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Thinly slice the bananas and arrange them on top of the pudding in a single layer.
- Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat just until stiff peaks form.
- Spread on top of banana layer. Sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiate links.