Lemon Icebox Cake- this cool and creamy no-bake dessert is made with layers of graham crackers, lemon pudding, and a Cool Whip topping. With lots of fresh lemon flavor, this easy dessert is perfect for summer.
I like to serve it with fresh raspberries or blackberries. Fresh fruit goes so well with lemon and it adds another burst of color.
Another great lemon dessert is this Lemon Lush. It has a buttery, pecan crust, a cream cheese layer, lemon pudding layer, and a Cool Whip layer. So delicious. I’m not sure which one I like better.
For ease and convenience though, you can’t beat this Lemon Icebox Cake. It only takes about 10 minutes to make and then it needs to be refrigerated for about 2 hours. The graham crackers get soft and create an unbelievable texture. Dessert making doesn’t get any easier than this Icebox Cake.
- 2 boxes instant lemon pudding mix.
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk- low-fat milk can be used.
- Lemon Zest- for a fresher, more intense lemon flavor.
- Cool Whip
- Graham Crackers
HOW TO MAKE LEMON ICEBOX PIE:
- Mix the pudding. Stir in the lemon zest and half of the Cool Whip.
- Layer the pudding and graham crackers in a 9×13-inch pan.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Will keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
Try These Other Icebox Cakes:
- Nutter Butter Chocolate Icebox Cake
- Caramel Ritz Cracker Icebox Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- No Bake Butterfinger Oreo Icebox Cake
Lemon Icebox Cake
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 box graham crackers
- raspberries or blackberries for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk.Gently stir in lemon zest and half of the Cool Whip.
- Spread a small amount of pudding mixture in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. (This is just to help keep the graham crackers from sliding when you spread the pudding mixture on top of them.)
- Place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of the pan, breaking pieces as needed to completely cover the bottom.
- Spread half the lemon pudding on top of the graham crackers. Do a second layer of graham crackers.
- Repeat with the remaining lemon pudding a third layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the last layer of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with raspberries or blackberries if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
2 thoughts on “Lemon Icebox Cake Recipe”
Very good recipe.
This was so fresh and delicious and came together in minutes – we will definitely make it again – nice and fresh and cold for the hot summer!