Caramel Ritz Cracker Icebox Dessert is a no-bake dessert with lots of salty/sweet flavor. There’s layer after layer of creamy goodness all drizzled with salted caramel sauce. This cool and creamy dessert is great for summer potlucks.
This easy dessert is formed from 3 simple layers repeated 3 times to form an incredibly delicious dessert. The layers are Ritz crackers, a creamy cream cheese layer, and caramel sauce. On top is a thick layer of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
You’ll need to make this no-bake dessert at least 4 hours before serving it. The day before is even better. You want the ritz crackers to have a chance to get soft, after which they kind of blend in with the creaminess, providing flavor, but not an obvious texture contrast. But they do really give this dessert form so that it is like biting into a really creamy and luscious piece of cake.
Graham Crackers are the more typical ingredient to use in an Icebox Cake, but the saltiness that the Ritz crackers add is the perfect pairing with caramel sauce.
Tips for making Caramel Ritz Cracker Icebox Cake:
- Line your baking dish with plastic wrap. It’s much easier to cut it into squares if you lift the whole thing out of the baking dish.
- A jar of caramel sauce makes this dessert a breeze to make but you could use a homemade caramel sauce instead.
- Will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can use Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream for the top.
More No-Bake Desserts:
- No-Bake Strawberry Lasagna Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Icebox Dessert
- No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Pink Lemonade Pie
- No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 64 Ritz crackers
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce, plus more for drizzling on top
- 2 cups Cool Whip or freshly whipped cream
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and use a hand-held mixer to beat it until smooth and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla, and salt and beat until thick and fluffy.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with plastic wrap. Arrange 16 Ritz crackers on the bottom.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the crackers and then drizzle 1/4 cup of caramel sauce on top.
- Repeat with another layer of crackers, then cream cheese mixture and 1/4 cup caramel sauce.
- Repeat one more time.
- Place one last layer of crackers on top. Spread Cool Whip on top of crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve drizzled with caramel sauce.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.