No-Bake Strawberry Lasagna makes a fabulous spring and summer dessert and can feed a large crowd. Layers of pound cake, a creamy cream cheese mixture, and fresh strawberries make this no-bake Strawberry Lasagna a crowd pleaser.
Components of Strawberry Lasagna
It is made from prepared pound cake from the store (I buy frozen pound cake and defrost it), a creamy cream cheese and pudding mixture, and fresh strawberries sweetened and flavored with a sugar and kirsch. A little fudge sauce can be drizzled on top if you want a little chocolate.
Easy Make-Ahead Dessert
Strawberry Lasagna is a little like strawberry shortcake made in a 9X13-inch pan and it is the perfect make ahead dessert for spring and summer picnics and potlucks.
We are right in the middle of strawberry season in South Carolina and juicy, ripe strawberries are plentiful. We have a few strawberry farms in our area so it would seem like a crime to not try and eat them every day while they are at their prime. This Strawberry Lasagna is the perfect way to showcase them.
Thin layers of pound cake are topped with a thick and creamy cream cheese mix. Two layers of strawberry “sauce” give this dessert plenty of fresh strawberry flavor. A little kirsch, a clear fruit brandy with the flavor of cherries, is added to the strawberries for extra flavor. If you don’t wish to buy a bottle of kirsch, I think you could leave it out or try adding a little juice from a jar of maraschino cherries. Whipped topping and fudge sauce make a delightful finish to this beautiful dessert.
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Twinkie Cake
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (5.1-ounce) large packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 cups mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup kirsch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pound loaf-size cakes
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipped topping
- Fudge sauce
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, pudding mix, half-and-half, and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. If mixture seems too thick, add a little more half-and-half.
- In a large bowl, mash together the strawberries with the kirsch and granulated sugar. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture to use to drizzle on top.
- Slice the pound cakes lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices and line the bottom of a 13X9-inch baking dish with 1/2 of the pound cake.
- Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mixture on top. Pour strawberry mixture on top of cream cheese.
- Layer remaining pound cake on top of strawberries. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on top.
- Top cream cheese mixture with whipped topping.
- Puree the 1/2 cup of strawberry mixture that was set aside in a bender.
- Drizzle strawberry sauce on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, cut into squares and drizzle with fudge sauce.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted May 19, 2015