No Bake Butterfinger Oreo Icebox Cake is a cool and creamy dessert made up of layers of oreo cookies and a peanut butter filling with crushed butterfingers, topped with whipped cream and more crushed butterfingers.
Icebox cakes are one of my favorite desserts to make for summer.
Why are Icebox Cakes so great?
- They are cool and refreshing.
- No need to turn the oven on and heat up the house.
- Great for making in advance.
- They are ultra creamy and rich so a little goes a long way.
Typically ice box cakes use graham crackers, but oreo cookies make a great pairing with butterfingers. They add a little extra chocolate to this No-Bake Butterfinger Oreo Icebox Cake. Plus there’s that awesome creamy filling. The oreos get soft in this dessert, so if you love to dip your oreos in milk long enough for them to soften up, you will love this butterfinger dessert.
The butterfinger layer is a delicious mixture of cream cheese, whipped cream, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and crushed butterfingers.
I use regular oreos for this, but you could use double-stuffed and I bet the peanut butter ones would be fabulous in this.
You will want to make this dessert at least 4 hours before serving.
More Amazing Butterfinger Desserts to try:
No-Bake Butterfinger Oreo Icebox Cake
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped butterfingers
- oreo cookies
- Using either a hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar. Keep beating on high until mixture gets thick and creamy. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a clean bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until combined.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until mixed well. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Fold in 1 heaping cup of chopped butterfingers. Save the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Arrange a single layer or Oreo cookies in the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish. Break cookies as needed to fill in along the edge.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the oreos.
- Place another layer of oreos on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream on top and sprinkle with the rest of the butterfingers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe adapted from Boston Girl Bakes