No-Bake Butterfinger Oatmeal Cookies are so simple to make with lots of chocolate, peanut butter, and butterfinger flavor. These cookies are similar to No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, but the flavor is kicked up a notch with crushed candy.
Butterfingers are my absolute favorite candy to use in the kitchen. The chocolate coated crispy peanut butter candy lends so much awesome flavor to desserts.
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are such a classic cookie and one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen. Since I love adding Butterfingers to things, I decided to try a Butterfinger version. They turned out awesome. I mixed crushed butterfingers into the batter and sprinkled more on top. They’re wonderfully sweet, dense, and a little chewy.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES:
- Place cut up butter, cocoa powder, sugar and milk in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil and stir for 9o seconds. Set a timer to make sure you get the time right.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Lastly, stir in the crushed butterfingers and drop the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- The cookies will take 30 to 60 minutes to fully set.
TIPS FOR MAKING NO-BAKE BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
- When forming the cookies, spray the measuring cup with cooking spray and the batter will easily release from the cup.
- If the mixture is still really soupy after 90 seconds of boiling, let it cool slightly before forming the cookies. Careful not to let it cool too much or it will be difficult to shape them.
- You can use either quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats. The quick-ccoking oats will blend into the batter in smaller pieces while the old-fashioned oats will give the cookies slightly more oatmeal flavor and a chewier texture. It is personal preference which one you prefer.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container so they do not dry out. They will stay fresh for a good 5 days.
More Butterfinger Desserts
No-Bake Chocolate Butterfinger Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped butterfingers, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Place butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil, stirring frquently for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Once thoroughly mixed, stir in the butterfingers.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with crushed butterfingers.