No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are an old-timey favorite and one of the easiest and most delicious cookies you’ll ever make. I think pretty much everyone has had these cookies at one time or another and pretty much everyone loves them.
No oven needed for these cookies which have the most amazing texture and you likely have all the ingredients on hand. You’ll need butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, milk, quick-cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
The butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk are placed in a saucepan and brought to a boil. Let the mixture boil for 90 seconds. Set a timer and keep track becasue the cookies might not set up right if you boil the mixture too long or not long enough.
Then remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. So simple!
In less than 10 minutes you can have the ingredients measured, the batter mixed together and shaped into cookies. These No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies do need a little while to set, but you won’t have to wait long. They should only take about 30 minutes to set up. If they are still too wet at this point, try sticking them in the fridge.
This recipe makes a pretty large batch of cookies- about 24 cookies. They are dense and filling cookies so they will go a long way. That being said, it is hard to not go back for another. 🙂
Watch the video below to see how to make these easy cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1-tablespoon pieces so it meltes faster
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk,
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 90 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Let cool to set.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Bless Your Heart