No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a classic cookie with so much peanut butter flavor and a wonderful chewy texture.
I love these cookies every bit as much as the chocolate version. The ingredient list is short, no oven is needed, and you can make these cookies in just 10 minutes. What’s not to love?
I’m a total peanut butter fanatic. I never go without peanut butter in my pantry. I love to eat it for breakfast, smeared on a sliced banana and peanut butter desserts are some of my favorites.
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are so easy to throw together in a pinch. You most likely have all the ingredients on hand. You’ll need butter, sugar, milk, creamy peanut butter, vanilla extract, quick-cooking oats, and Reese’s Pieces to decorate the cookies with. No Reese’s Pieces? No problem. These cookies are just as delicious without them.
Tips for making No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- I’m not sure how this recipe will turn out if Natural peanut butter is used. I typically use Jif peanut butter.
- I use salted butter, but you can use unsalted butter and add a pinch of salt. Or if you like your food less salty, skip the extra salt.
- This is a really simple recipe but sometimes no-bake oatmeal cookies don’t set up well. I think it has to do with not boiling the ingredients long enough. Don’t start the 60 second timer until the mixture comes to a full boil (ie- you see bubbles completely forming across the entire surface, not just around the edges).
- These cookies come together quickly so be sure you have all your ingredients measured and ready to go.
- You can store the cookies at room temperature in an air-tight container or in the refrigerator. They set up a little firmer and get chewier in the refrigerator.
More Peanut Butter Desserts To Try:
- Peanut Butter Crunch Pie
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cut into pieces so it will melt faster
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Reeses Pieces
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set side.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter, sugar, and milk over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil (the entire surface should be full of vigourous bubbles.) Stir frequently while it is coming to a boil. Once you get a full rolling boil, set a timer for 60 seconds. Do not stir during this time period.
- Once the 60 seconds is up, turn off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the oats. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop up the dough and drop it onto prepared baking sheets. Press a few Reese's Pieces onto the top of each cookie.Tip- Do a test cookie. Dough shouldn't spread out too much, but if it does let the dough cool a minute or two before scooping out the remaining cookies.
- Allow to set up for at least 30 minutes before serving.