Peanut Butter Crunch Pie has a crunchy layer of peanut butter on the bottom and top. Sandwiched in between is a creamy custard layer. This easy pie is no-bake except for the pie crust.
Peanut Butter lovers will have a difficult time not going back for seconds. This pie is wonderfully sweet with lots of peanut butter flavor and the filling is so cool, smooth, and creamy. It’s the perfect contrast to the crunchiness of the peanuts.
This pie is so easy to make for the holidays. It can be made in advance and it keeps well in the refrigerator for days.
To make Peanut Butter Crunch Pie a quick and easy recipe, a frozen deep-dish pie shell is used. It is baked according to package directions and cooled. Next, chunky peanut butter is mixed with powdered sugar. This two ingredient mixture makes the bottom and top layer of the pie.
A simple custard filling is made from milk, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, and butter.
With all the crunchiness, this peanut butter pie is a little different from the typical peanut butter pie and it is wonderfully delicious!
More Peanut Butter Pies
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Creamy Banana Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Peanut Butter Crunch Pie
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter together until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together milk, granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butter. Stir until all of the butter is melted.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the peanut butter crumb mixture into the pie crust. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Originally published Sept 25, 2018.
Recipe Source: Off The Eaten Path
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.