This creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie has a Nutter Butter crust filled with layers of chocolate, banana slices, a peanut butter filling, and freshly whipped cream.
Summer is my favorite time of year to eat pie. Especially a cool and creamy refrigerated pie. And if it has peanut butter and chocolate– I’m in heaven. This wondrous pie will make you feel like a kid again with layer after layer of creaminess. You’ll be licking every last trace off of your spoon.
It all starts with a piecrust made from Nutter Butter cookies. Then comes a layer of fudge sauce. The kind you use on ice cream. Next is a layer of sliced banana, because they will maybe make you feel a little less guilty about eating such a sinful pie. Ok, maybe not. But I do love banana with chocolate and peanut butter.
On top of the banana is my favorite layer- a fantastically creamy and rich but light and smooth peanut butter layer made with vanilla pudding mix, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and just enough cream cheese to add richness. It is spectacular.
But we’re not done yet. As if this pie doesn’t already have enough creaminess, there is a layer of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate curls. It’s a pie Elvis would have loved!
A slice of this Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie makes an incredible summer dessert.
For more delicious southern recipes follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
Try These Other Cool and Creamy Pies:
- Sugar Cream Pie
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- No-Bake Pistachio Pudding Pie
- Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Nutter Butter Pie
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed in microwave
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate curls made from a bar of semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add butter. Mix well. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and use hands to press firmly into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Place in oven and bake 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Mixture will be thick.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, and condensed milk until smooth. Stir in pudding mixture.
- In another large bowl, beat heavy cream using a whisk attachment. When it begins to thicken, gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about 1 cup of whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on bottom of cooled crust.
- Top with banana slices.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of bananas.
- Top with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chocolate curls on top.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from Taste of Home
More Peanut Butter Desserts
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Bars
Disclosure: This post contains afffiliate links.
Originally published May 30, 2014.
24 thoughts on “Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie”
This looks so good! I will definitely try this recipe, thank you for sharing!
For the crust, do you leave the filling in the cookie or do you remove it? Looks so good, can’t wait to make it!
I will try this Elvis Peanut Butter Pie minus the banana, since I do not like bananas 🙂
I will also try the chocolate peanut butter layer bars too, they look so delicious……
Wow! Does not seem overly sweet. Sounds delicious. Will try for sure. Love the idea for the crust. We will skip the bananas because my husband doesn’t care for slices of bananas in his pie. THANK YOU!
Um, wow, this sounds amazing!! all my fave things
Wow, this pie has everything I love! Peanut butter, banana and chocolate are the ultimate combo especially when you top that all with whipped cream! The nutter butter crust is such a great idea too – love this no-bake dessert especially for summer:)
OMG, that looks delicious!! I would love this and my wife too! 🙂 Just printed your post so I can give this a try, thank you
You had me at Nutter Butters.
Love bananas and this is sounds like a great pie!
This sounds amazing! I love the combo of chocolate, pb and banana too… and the nutterbutter crust sounds awesome!
Sounds like heaven!
I know this one will have some takers around here…me First! Beautiful pie!
Holy hell, Christin! This is the best sounding pie I have heard in a loooooong time. NUTTERBUTTER CRUST!!?!?!!? <—why didn't I think of that?! Pinned.
Thanks Lindsey! It was the first time I had bought Nutter Butters in a long time. I used to love them as a child. 🙂
Hi Christin !! Everything about this pie looks like heaven! Unlike most of the others my bf lovvvves bananas and peanut butter what do you think about me adding an extra layer of banana! In between filling ? Or maybe just on top ?
I think an extra layer of banana would be delicious. Just make sure it is covered by filling or the whipped cream to help keep the banana from turning brown. Hope your bf enjoys it!
Yum! Looks amazing!
Thanks Matt! 🙂
Love this pie, nutter butters are a brilliant idea for the crust. What’s better than peanut butter and banana only PB,banana and chocolate. YUM!
I was looking at the amazing crust wondering what it was made of. Nutter Butters! Such a good idea! I’m all about eating pie year round.
This tart has all the best things.. and looks oh so tempting!
Wow, this pie looks fabulous! Peanut butter makes everything amazing. I am going to bookmark this for sure, my husband would love it!
This pie looks so amazing, Christin! I’m with you, it doesn’t get any better than a cold, delicious pie in the summer. Have a great weekend! 🙂
Mmm, that looks amazing! I could totally go for a slice of that right now. 🙂 Love the chocolate curls, so cute! 😀