This creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie has a Nutter Butter crust filled with layers of chocolate, banana slices, a peanut butter filling, and freshly whipped cream.
Summer is my favorite time of year to eat pie. Especially a cool and creamy refrigerated pie. And if it has peanut butter and chocolate– I’m in heaven. This wondrous pie will make you feel like a kid again with layer after layer of creaminess. You’ll be licking every last trace off of your spoon.
It all starts with a piecrust made from Nutter Butter cookies. Then comes a layer of fudge sauce. The kind you use on ice cream. Next is a layer of sliced banana, because they will maybe make you feel a little less guilty about eating such a sinful pie. Ok, maybe not. But I do love banana with chocolate and peanut butter.
On top of the banana is my favorite layer- a fantastically creamy and rich but light and smooth peanut butter layer made with vanilla pudding mix, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and just enough cream cheese to add richness. It is spectacular.
But we’re not done yet. As if this pie doesn’t already have enough creaminess, there is a layer of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate curls. It’s a pie Elvis would have loved!
A slice of this Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie makes an incredible summer dessert.
Try These Other Cool and Creamy Pies:
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Pie
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed in microwave
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate curls made from a bar of semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add butter. Mix well. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate and use hands to press firmly into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Place in oven and bake 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Mixture will be thick.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, and condensed milk until smooth. Stir in pudding mixture.
- In another large bowl, beat heavy cream using a whisk attachment. When it begins to thicken, gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about 1 cup of whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on bottom of cooled crust.
- Top with banana slices.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of bananas.
- Top with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chocolate curls on top.
Adapted from Taste of Home
More Peanut Butter Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains afffiliate links.
Originally published May 30, 2014.