Cherry Almond Mousse Pie- with a layer of chocolate on the bottom and a creamy almond and cherry flavored pudding filling, this no-bake pie is so scrumptious. It will be love at first bite.
Since I was a little girl and first had a Shirley Temple, I have adored maraschino cherries. With their bright red color and ultra-sweet, syrupy flavor, what’s not to like?
Scroll down for more maraschino cherry recipes.
This is one of my favorite, favorite pie recipes that I have made numerous times over the years since I found it in a Taste of Home Magazine.
The pie starts with a buttery pie crust. For the sake of simplicity, this recipe calls for a frozen pie shell. You’ll bake it according to package directions and then let it cool.
You’ll then melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips with a little sweetened condensed milk and spread the mixture in the bottom of the pie crust. Everything is better with a little chocolate. 🙂
Next comes the filling. It’s maybe the most delicious filling I’ve ever tasted. The filling is a delightful mixture of chopped maraschino cherries, vanilla pudding mix, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, almond extract, whipped cream, and water. It may seem strange to add water, but the filling is already plenty rich.
Finish the pie off with grated chocolate and cherries. You could also add some toasted almond slices.
Recipe Notes For Making Cherry Almond Mousse Pie:
- Before making the filling, you’ll need to whip 1 cup of heavy cream.
- If you don’t want to make the fresh whipped cream, you can use 2 cups of Cool Whip.
More Recipes Using Maraschino Cherries:
- White Cake with Maraschino Cherry Frosting
- Cherry Sheet Cake
- Cherry Almond Cola Bread
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- grated chocolate, optional
- Bake pie shell according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, combine unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.Stir in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture into pie shell. Set aside.
- Set 8 cherries aside for garnish, and chop the remaining cherries.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat it until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the remaining sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the water and then the pudding mix and remaining almond extract, beating until it starts to thicken.
- Fold in whipped cream and the cherries. Transfer to the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate and cherries and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.