Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins are deliciously moist muffins loaded with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries and topped with a sweet cherry-flavored glaze.
There’s also some crunchy pecans and a hint of almond flavor in these muffins. Yes, these are flavored-packed muffins!
Great for an on the go breakfast or snack and just as good for a lazy morning spent sipping coffee and reading the paper.
I love the insane sweetness of maraschino cherries and when you add some chooclate, there’s a whole lot to love.
These muffins are wonderfully easy to make. Everything can be mixed in a large bowl and then the muffins just need about 15 minutes to bake. Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake with kids. Let your kids practice measuring and stirring. They will learn great skills and it will help keep them busy.
One of the many great things about muffins is they require only very basic ingredients you are likely to already have on hand: flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, butter, and vegetable oil.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe Tips:
- I like the mini-chocolate chips in these muffins. You get a little bit of chocolate flavor in every bite instead of big pockets of flavor here and there. You can use regular chocolate chips instead if you wish.
- I also love to add a little bit of almond flavor by adding 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract, but you can use 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
- For a little nutty crunch, I add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, but you could leave them out or use walnuts or almonds.
How To Store Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- Can be kept at room temeprature in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days or they can be frozen for up to three months.
These muffins are rich, moist, sweet and packed with so much flavor.
Try These Other Amazing Muffins:
- Old-Fashioned Doughnut Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Apple Butter Muffins
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place 12 paper liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, and vegetable oil in a large glass measuring cup or a bowl.
- Drain the cherries, saving the liquid for the glaze.Chop the cherries up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips, pecans, cherries, and almond extract and stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they feel firm when you press down on top of them.
- Let cool while you make the glaze.Whisk together all the glaze ingredients in a bowl, thin with milk if it is too thick.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins”
Christian,,,,,So So sorry to hear about your Mom,,,,what a terrible act ,,hope I find the guy first. Will send the pic to all my friends , but maybe to far away to help,,. Have to maybe take a drive south for a bit. Prayers and blessings for yall.
Love and Prayers ,,,Douglas