Apple Butter Muffins are flavored with apple butter and fall spices. So much flavor in these easy to make fall muffins.
A full cup of apple butter not only adds flavor but also moistness to these muffins. You can use homemade apple butter or store-bought apple butter. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves are also added to this batter. With all these spices, the aromas coming from the oven are amazing. A combination of applesauce and vegetable oil helps keep these muffins insanely moist.
Whether for breakfast or a snack, these Apple Butter Muffins are the perfect wayt to enjoy apple butter.
I greatly prefer the flavor of apple butter to applesauce. It is slow cooked for a long time to really intensify the flavors. Plus it has lots of delicious cinnamon in it. While apple butter is typically spread on toast, it is also a great ingredient in recipes.
Apple Butter Muffin Recipe Tips:
I love to slather these muffins with butter but they taste great as is. Cream cheese spread is also good on them.
Be sure to measure the flour correctly. I fluff the flour up a little with a spoon and then scoop it into a measuring cup. Run the back of a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level it off.
How To Store and Freeze These Muffins:
This recipe makes 18 muffins so you will likely have extra. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If desired, warm in the microwave for 8 to 10 seconds.
To freeze them, individually wrap them in plastic wrap once they have cooled completely and then place them in a ziplock freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw them on the counter. You can finish thawing them in the microwave.
Try These Other Muffin Recipes:
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Old-Fashioned Doughnut Muffins
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir together the buttermilk, apple butter, applesauce, and oil.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with apple butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until they feel firm when you gently press on the top.
Want to Save This Recipe?