Apple Butter Muffins are flavored with apple butter and fall spices. So much flavor in these easy to make fall muffins.
A full cup of apple butter not only adds flavor but also moistness to these muffins. You can use homemade apple butter or store-bought apple butter. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves are also added to this batter. With all these spices, the aromas coming from the oven are amazing. A combination of applesauce and vegetable oil helps keep these muffins insanely moist.
Whether for breakfast or a snack, these Apple Butter Muffins are the perfect wayt to enjoy apple butter.
I greatly prefer the flavor of apple butter to applesauce. It is slow cooked for a long time to really intensify the flavors. Plus it has lots of delicious cinnamon in it. While apple butter is typically spread on toast, it is also a great ingredient in recipes.
Apple Butter Muffins Recipe Tips
I love to slather these muffins with butter but they taste great as is. Cream cheese spread is also good on them.
Be sure to measure the flour correctly. I fluff the flour up a little with a spoon and then scoop it into a measuring cup. Run the back of a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level it off.
How To Store and Freeze These Muffins
This recipe makes 18 muffins so you will likely have extra. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If desired, warm in the microwave for 8 to 10 seconds.
To freeze them, individually wrap them in plastic wrap once they have cooled completely and then place them in a ziplock freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw them on the counter. You can finish thawing them in the microwave.
Try These Other Muffin Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Old-Fashioned Doughnut Muffins
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
Apple Butter Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir together the buttermilk, apple butter, applesauce, and oil.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with apple butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until they feel firm when you gently press on the top.
2 thoughts on “Apple Butter Muffins”
Might I suggest you ‘weigh’ the Flour instead of measuring it … this will result in much better results, and the correct weight can be found with a simple Google search.
I want to receive emailed recipes from your website but, when I try to join it won’t let me.