Butterfinger Banana Muffins- these wonderfully moist muffins have a little chocolate and peanut butter flavor from the addition of chopped Butterfinger candies and mini chocolate chips. Such a delicious spin on banana bread!
Next to peanut butter cups, Butterfingers are my favorite candy to bake with. You will need 1 cup of chopped Butterfinger candies or you can use Butterfinger Baking Bits if you can find them.
No Mixer Needed
This muffin batter is best mixed by hand because you want to mix the flour in just until it is incorporated. If you overmix the batter, your muffins will be tough instead of light and tender.
Use Overripe Bananas
This recipe is a great way to use up really overripe bananas. You want to use bananas with lots of black spots on them. They should be almost covered in black. Overripe bananas add extra sweetness and moisture to the muffins. You will need 1 cup of mashed banana which is 2 to 3 medium bananas.
How To Mash Banana
Place the banana in a wide bowl and mash on it really well with a fork. You don’t want any lumps or your muffins won’t have even consistency. Then transfer it to a measuring cup. You will need 1 cup.
Kitchen Tools For This Recipe
- 12 cup muffin tin– I use this nonstick muffin pan and don’t have any problem with muffins sticking as long as I spray really well with cooking spray.
- Cupcake Liners– these natural cupcake liners work really well and no need to spray with cooking spray.
- Mixing Bowls– I love these nesting mixing bowls in defferent sizes with lids.
How To Store and Freeze
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Any longer and they should be refrigerated.
To freeze- once fully cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Butterfinger Banana Muffins Recipe Tip
Be sure not to overbake. Your oven may run a little hot or cold so use the baking time as an estimate and check them after 25 minutes.
More Muffin Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
More Butterfinger Recipes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup melted salted butter
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined.Stir in chocolate chips and butterfingers.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.