Carrot Zucchini Muffins are deliciously moist muffins flavored with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. These easy homemade muffins are a great way to use up summer zucchini.
There is an abundance of zucchini during the month of August. If you have a home garden, you no doubt struggle to use up all the zucchini your garden produces. And zucchini are super inexpensive to buy this time of year. Zucchini are very versatile in the kitchen. Equally delicious in savory foods and sweets. Scroll down for more zucchini recipes.
These delicious muffins combine 2 garden favorites into 1 delicious muffin. The carrots and zucchini not only add some nutrition, they help keep the muffins moist. If you’re starting to get a hankering for fall spices now that we are entering the tail end of summer, these muffins are perfect. The cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in the muffins will fill your house with the most amazing aromas.
Carrot Zucchini Muffins are equally good for breakfast or a snack.
Carrot Zucchini Muffins Recipe Tips:
- Muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
- Can be frozen. Individually wrap them in plastic wrap and then foil.
- If you like nuts in your muffins, try adding 1/2 a cup of chopped walnuts.
- There’s no need to peel the zucchini, but you do want to make sure you finely grate the zucchini and carrots. Otherwise they will be crunchy.
Try These Other Zucchini Recipes:
- Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
- Fried Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- Japanese Zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini, patted dry
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla.Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined.
- Stir in zucchini and carrots.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from If You Give A Blonde a Kitchen