Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars have an oreo crust and a cheesecake filling with tons of crushed butterfinger candies. Not only are these cheesecake bars delicious, they are fabulously easy to make.
Quick and Adaptable
This recipe for Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars is so much simpler and quicker than making a whole cheesecake. Plus it’s really adaptable. You could totally change this recipe up and use any type of chopped candy. Snickers, peanut butter cups, and Milky Ways would all be good.
To make Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars, you’ll first make an oreo crust and bake it for 8 minutes.. You can either use a 8-inch square pan or a 9-inch square pan.
The cheesecake filling is just a simple mixture of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and crushed butterfingers.
Don’t stress if you end up with less than 1 1/2 cups of crushed butterfingers. One cup will do. I just like to go heavy on the butterfingers because I am obsessed with them.
Your bars will need about 35 to 45 minutes to bake and then you will need to cool them for an hour and refrigerate them for 4 hours before serving. That’s the only thing I don’t like about cheesecake bars. No instant gratification. But they are well worth the wait.
If you overbake these cheesecake bars, the top may crack as it is cooling. You want to pull them out of the oven when the middle is still SLIGHTLY jiggly in the middle when you shake the pan. Once refrigerated, it will completely set up.
Try These Other Butterfinger Desserts
- Butterfinger Pie
- Butterfinger Cheesecake
- No-Bake Butterfinger Oatmeal Cookies
- Butterfinger Lush
- No-Bake Butterfinger Oreo Icebox Cake
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfingers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the oreo cookies (the whole cookie) until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool while you make the filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in vanilla and sour cream just until incorporated.
- Stir in butterfingers and pour batter over the crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The center should be just a little wobbly when you shake the pan.
- Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing.
7 thoughts on “Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars”
This is delicious! I first made it in Jan for my husband’s birthday but I subbed a graham cracker crust. It was really good. This time I made it for a function and doubled the recipe for a 9×13 and a small 4×6 (small dish for us, 9×13 for the group). This time I used the Oreo crust as I didn’t like the graham crust recipe I used the first time. I was worried that I wouldn’t like it as I would not eat an Oreo cookie (I just don’t really care for them outside of ice cream). I think the butter combined with them transformed them into a wonderful delicious crust which was just the right amount and didn’t over power the yummy, delicious cheesecake top. Thank you for this wonderful and easy recipe that will be my go to for years!
Very Good Recipe and Your Recipe is the Best Useful.
Image are the Best Look and Your information is Best Use Full.
Thanks For Sharing information!!!…………..
You are incredible, Christin Mahrlig, and most of my baking recipes would come from you!!
Please continue to post new recipes!
Can I freeze these bars?
Very good recipe. I love it.
What an amazing cake. Definitely I will make it for my kid.
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I will follow your recipe to make Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars because of my brother special day coming soon.