Peanut Butter Sheet Cake is a moist sheet cake topped with a super creamy and sweet peanut butter icing. It is a peanut butter lover’s dream and perfect for potlucks and picnics.
Peanut butter is practically the only food I can eat every single day and not get tired of. I often start my day with a banana and a spoon full of peanut butter. I absolutely love the stuff.
Normally when it comes to desserts, I prefer peanut butter paired with chocolate. AKA the best thing ever.
But sometimes a pure peanut butter dessert is just what I’m craving.
With peanut butter in the cake batter and the icing, there’s plenty of peanut butter flavor in this peanut butter sheet cake.
It’s baked in a 10×15-inch pan and can easily be cut into 20 pieces so it is perfect for bringing to a summer potluck or picnic.
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake is a moist sheet cake topped with a super creamy and sweet peanut butter icing. Perfect for potlucks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10x15x1 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine 1 1/2 sticks butter and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Sitr to make sure all butter is melted.
- Whisk 1/2 cup peanut butter and vegetable oil into butter mixture. Stir into flour mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting, use an electric mixer to beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add half of confectioners' sugar and half of milk and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining confectioners' sugar, milk and the vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Add a little more milk if necessary.
- Spread frosting on cake.
More Potluck Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.