Peanut Butter Brownies- these brownies are all about the peanut butter. There’s no chocolate to be found.
Just a richly flavored peanut butter brownie topped with a sweet peanut butter icing. A real treat for peanut butter lovers. When you really want some BIG peanut butter flavor, you can’t go wrong with these Peanut Butter Brownies or this Peanut Butter Sheet Cake.
Make In Just 30 Minutes
These brownies can be made in just 30 minutes. Because the brownies are baked in a sheet pan, they take just 16 to 18 minutes to bake and the icing only takes a couple of minutes to whip up.
- Hand-Held or Stand Mixer
- 15×11-inch pan
- Parchment paper
The brownies are baked in a 15×11-inch pan (a medium-sized sheet cake pan) so they are thin brownies. I love thin brownies because it increases the ratio of icing to brownie.
I use salted butter for this recipe. If unsalted is all you have, add a pinch or two of extra salt to the batter.
For decoration and extra flavor, try sprinkling Reese’s Pieces on top or some chopped salted peanuts.
Can be stored in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days at room temperature or frozen for up to 2 months. To freeze, tightly wrap individual brownies. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
More Brownie Recipes To Try
- Bittersweet Chocolate Brownies– fabulously fudgy with tons of bittersweet chocolate flavor.
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies– wonderfully rich and gooey with a layer of marshmallows, lots of peanut butter flavor, and a chocolate icing.
- Nutella Brownies– tons of that awesome chocolate and hazelnut Nutella flavor.
- Celebration Brownies– a dense, fudgy brownie is covered in a delicious buttercream and sprinkles.
- Lunch Lady Brownies– A classic recipe for fudge, chewy brownies with icing.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 15×11-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in granulated sugar, brown sugar and the egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, vanilla and salt and beat just until mixed.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.Note: Batter will be thick. Spread it to the sides as best you can.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- To make frosting, place butter and milk in a medium saucepan. Heat until butter is melted.
- Add peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir over low heat until smooth.Pour over brownies. Let frosting set for 20 minutes before slicing.