The only dessert I like more than brownies are brownies that include peanut butter cups. When it comes to peanut butter and chocolate, I can’t get enough.
These fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies have a layer of peanut butter cups baked into them and are covered with a light and luscious peanut butter frosting and then drizzled with melted chocolate.
They have just the right balance of peanut butter and chocolate, neither overpowering the other.
When you’re looking for a truly decadent brownie, this is it.
I used a boxed brownie mix to simplify the recipe some. First I prepared the brownie mix according to box instructions and then poured it into a 9×9-inch greased pan.
I then pressed 16 peanut butter cups into the batter so they were partially submerged and popped the brownies in the oven.
Once done, I let them cool and then covered them with the most delicious peanut butter frosting made from creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, and a little instant vanilla pudding mix.
For a finishing touch, I drizzled some melted chocolate on top for more chocolate flavor.
These are hands down some of the best brownies ever!
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Facebook.
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make this recipe!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 16 regular-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 11 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Mix brownie batter according to directions on box and spread evenly in prepared pan. Press peanut butter cups into batter so that batter comes almost all the way up the sides.
- Place pan in oven and bake according to box directions. Let brownies cool.
- To make peanut butter frosting, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla pudding mix. Once smooth, spread on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Microwave heavy cream and butter in a microwave-safe bowl until starting to simmer. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool. Place in a ziptop bag, snip the corner and drizzle on brownies.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Sharing this recipe with The Weekend Potluck.
More Brownie Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
14 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Cup Brownies”
Thanks for great post
I lik it …………………
Can you freeze these brownies ?
Which boxed brownie mix do you use?
I usually buy Ghiradelli, but Duncan Hines or any other brand will do fine.
Wondering if these can be made a day early and do you keep in fridge?
Yes, you can make a day ahead. They should be fine on the counter for a day, but you could refrigerate them as well.
Oh Wow! Christin, when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate, I can’t get enough either and these brownies look insanely delicious! Oooh those layers! I am having a foodgasm over here! 🙂
About half of that frosting will end up in my mouth before it ends up on top of those brownies haha! Looks so good, will have to make these over the weekend!
I can’t resist peanut butter brownies! Love that thick layer of peanut butter frosting!
I’m with you! I can never ever ever get enough of peanut butter and chocolate!! These brownies look incredible!!
Oh my word. My Monday NEEDS these. I am exhausted already and it’s only 10am, and have so much on the go and my kids are still acting like nutcases from the weekend…. Lol. Bring on the chocolate!
I love a good brownie and your beautiful pictures are making me drool. I wish I could have 2-3 of these babies for dessert tonight! 🙂
You had me at peanut butter brownies! These look SO good, Christin! And the pb cups make them even better!
Oh my goodness! These brownies are calling my name! They’re worth every delicious calorie! And I like that you use a boxed brownie.