Fudgy Brownies stuffed with Oreo cookies and drizzled with white icing are an easy and fun treat.
This is a recipe I’ve been wanting to make for ages and I had the perfect excuse to make them this past weekend. Note: Originally published February 18, 2015. My daughter and I baked Oreo Brownies, Cookie Dough Brownies, M&M Cookies, and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins for the Cancer Chase 5K which my son hosted to raise money for cancer research.
Oreo cookies are much loved at out house. In fact I had to go to the store a second time to buy oreos for these brownies because the first ones disappeared before I could use them. And my family is under strict orders not to eat anything they didn’t buy or make without asking first. But I guess oreos are worth the risk of punishment.
Double Stuffed Oreos
The cookies get somewhat soft inside the brownies and make the brownies a little chewy. I used Double Stuffed Oreos to really get as much of that wonderful cream flavor as possible. You really want to layer as many oreo cookies in the middle as you can. I used a 9X13-inch pan and although I had to break the oreos in half for the last row, I was able to use the whole package except for one lone cookie.
And guess what happened to that one. 🙂
It worked out perfectly.
Oreo Stuffed Brownies Recipe Tips
Make sure you spread no more than half the batter in the bottom of the pan or you will not have enough left to cover the oreos and you want them to be a hidden surprise.
To decorate the tops, I just used a tube of white frosting that already had a decorating tip attached to it. It was super easy.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Facebook.
More Amazing Brownie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- Easy Macaroon Brownies
- Fudge Topped Brownies
Oreo Stuffed Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package double-stuffed oreos
- white frosting in a tube
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13-inch pan. (To make it super easy to remove the brownies, place aluminum foil or parchment paper in the bottom of the pan and let it extend up the sides so you can use it as handles to remove the brownies from the pan.)
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and stir the sugar into the butter with the pan over low heat for about 15 seconds to help dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually (to not scramble the eggs) whisk butter/sugar mixture into egg mixture.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Place oreos in rows on top of batter. Pour remaining batter over oreos and spread gently with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool brownies for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Drizzle white frosting on the brownies.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from Sing For Your Supper
Sharing with The Weekend Potluck.
More Brownie Recipes
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies
Dark Chocolate Brownies with Caramel and Salted Peanuts
Originally posted February 18, 2015.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
23 thoughts on “Oreo Stuffed Brownies”
Just double checking on the amount of cocoa, that seems to be an unreal amount. The sugar also, but if you use that much cocoa powder, propanky need that much sugar. It is more than the flour. Are these quantities correct?
I have Request to make dessert for nine kids, making these!