Praline Brownies consist of a rich, fudgy brownie topped with icing that has the consistency and taste of pralines. So rich and decadent!
Brownies. They are my absolute favorite sweet treat. Especially really fudgy and moist brownies. Like these Praline Brownies.
They are so fudgy and gooey, they need to spend a little time in the refrigerator to fully hold their shape. A supremely sweet praline-style frosting with pecans makes them extra delectable. It’s two wonderful desserts combined into one.
How To Make Praline Brownies:
Mix the brownie batter. Sift together the dry ingredients onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Or you can do it into a bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted chocolate and melted butter.
Add the 4 eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until pale and smooth, about 1 minute. Yes, you will get an arm workout!
Mix in the vanilla.
Gradually whisk in the butter/chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until no flour is visible..
Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Let cool and then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Make the frosting and pour over the brownies. Let set for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
These Praline Brownies are very rich brownies. You’ll want to cut them into very small squares. Much smaller than I did. 🙂
Once set, the praline frosting is difficult to cut through without cracking. To help, dip a knife in warm water before each cut and wipe it clean.
More New Orleans-Style Desserts:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted and cooled to tepid
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled to tepid
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the inside of a 9X9X2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt onto a piece of waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and whisk until pale and smooth, about 1 minute. Add in vanilla.
- Gradually whisk in butter/chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until no flour is visible.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. Let brownies cool for 3 hours. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For frosting, combine whipping cream, butter, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spread over brownies. Wait 30 minutes before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted January 13, 2014.
Frosting slightly adapted from Betty Crocker
38 thoughts on “Praline Brownies”
This sounds like it’s too much to go into a 9 x 9 in. pan.
It’s so Yummyyy !!!
I wanna go to the market and buy the ingredients. I really can’t wait to make this recipe.
thanks for sharing this recipes and the tips too, and so inspiring me. Thankss 🙂
Oh man these look amazing!! Brownies are one of my favorite too and I love finding ways to switch them up. I love the praline frosting here…yummo! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by Tina! Seems like there are a lot of people in the Brownie Fan Club 🙂
These look so amazing! I love me some brownies of all types. 🙂
Pinned to my brownie board!
Nice brownies, and the layer of praline just add an extra kick to the already delicious brownie…yum!
Hope you are having a wonderful week Christin 😀
Thank you Juliana! Hope you are having a great week too!
UUgh my muscles are screaming too after Sunday’s terrible run… maybe all that I need is a tray of these brownies so as to make them happy again. You know, my cuadriceps like chocolate. And oh, praline pleases them as well ;–)
Hope your muscles are feeling a little better. Let me know if you need me to send you some brownies 🙂
I feel like brownies are like milk, eggs or bread…you should always have some around the house! : ) I’ve taken to keeping a few in the freezer…they defrost like a dream and I didn’t realize that for too long! These with the praline on top are insane. If I had to say goodbye to dessert (nooo!), I might have to go with molten chocolate cake, with vanilla ice cream, but brownies are right there neck in neck. 🙂
Ooooh.. molten chocolate cake is one of my favorites too. Makes a great Valentine’s treat 😉