Praline Cream Cheese Pie has an oreo crust, a praline layer full of pecans, a creamy cream cheese layer, and a chocolate ganache. Four layers of deliciousness! This is one rich dessert. A little goes a long way.
Plan on having some time for making this incredible southern dessert. There’s a little bit of wait time between making the layers. For a special occasion or Christmas dessert or Mardi Gras party, it is time well spent. You won’t find a more decadent dessert and that praline flavor is killer.
Each layer is easy to make. First a basic oreo crust. Then a praline layer is made on the stovetop with butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Once poured over the crust, it needs to be refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours before you add the cream cheese layer.
Then that layer needs to be chilled before you add the chocolate layer.
A whole lot of waiting but one bite and you’ll be hooked.
More Praline Desserts
Praline Cream Cheese Pie
- 26 Oreo cookies, processed in food processor until ground
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- whole pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Sprinkle pecans on top of crust.
- Make praline filling. In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (You only need to give it a quick stir occasionally during this part.)
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Let it cool 2 to 3 minutes and then pour over pecans. Place in refrigerator until set, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Make cream cheese filling. Use an electric mixer to beat all filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Make ganache. Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Garnish with whole pecans if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
6 thoughts on “Praline Cream Cheese Pie”
Tasted delicious! Rich flavor. Easy to prepare.
praline layer more toffee like ( hard and crunchy) no way to eat this with a fork. Need to find a better praline recipe
This was so good! I didn’t have a spring form pan but a deep pie pan works well too. The praline and Oreo layers were my favorite! Well loved by the whole family. I’ll make again, and so easy (just time consuming for the chilling but so easy for a fancier dessert)! Thank you!
Do I cool the chocolate ganache before I top the cream cheese layer?
Very simple to make, just time consuming. Everyone loved it though. Mmmmmm. Huge hit.
Christin,,,,I may pass out if I eat this but love it ,,,,,looks so good and creamy.