Praline Cream Cheese Pie has an oreo crust, a praline layer full of pecans, a creamy cream cheese layer, and a chocolate ganache. Four layers of deliciousness! This is one rich dessert. A little goes a long way.
Plan on having some time for making this incredible southern dessert. There’s a little bit of wait time between making the layers. For a special occasion or Christmas dessert or Mardi Gras party, it is time well spent. You won’t find a more decadent dessert and that praline flavor is killer.
Each layer is easy to make. First a basic oreo crust. Then a praline layer is made on the stovetop with butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Once poured over the crust, it needs to be refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours before you add the cream cheese layer.
Then that layer needs to be chilled before you add the chocolate layer.
A whole lot of waiting but one bite and you’ll be hooked.
More Praline Desserts
- 26 Oreo cookies, processed in food processor until ground
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- whole pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Sprinkle pecans on top of crust.
- Make praline filling. In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (You only need to give it a quick stir occasionally during this part.)
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Let it cool 2 to 3 minutes and then pour over pecans. Place in refrigerator until set, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Make cream cheese filling. Use an electric mixer to beat all filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over praline layer and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Make ganache. Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Garnish with whole pecans if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.