Nutella Chocolate Cake has 3 layers of moist, richly flavored chocolate cake lathered in a delicious Nutella icing. If you’re looking for an excuse to buy a jar of Nutella, this is it.
Chocolate and Nutella are a magical combination in the same way chocolate and peanut butter are.
This chocolate cake batter is one of my favorite chocolate cake batters . It’s from the Stay At Home Chef, and if you’re looking for a chocolate cake with a whole lot of chocolate flavor, this is it. It has a full 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder which gives it a beautiful dark hue and a full on chocolate flavor.
Vegetable oil and warm water are added to the batter for a moist and tender cake. The cake batter also includes buttermilk which really helps the flavor.
The Nutella frosting is a combination of cream cheese, butter, sour cream, and powdered sugar. It is light and luscious with plenty of Nutella flavor. Since it contains cream cheese and sour cream, leftovers should be refrigerated.
Try These Other Nutella Desserts:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 3 9-inch cake pans.
- Using a stand mixer, mix together flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt on low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, vegetable oil, and vanilla and beat at medium speed until blended, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among the three pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 to 15 minutes and then remove cakes from pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Make frosting. Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add Nutella and sour cream and beat until combined.
- With mixer on low, beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then turn speed up to medium-high for about 10 seconds to make sure everything is evenly blended.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Cake batter recipe from Stay at Home Chef
More Nutella Desserts