Nutter Butter Banana Pudding- an updated take on banana pudding with lots of peanut butter flavor.
Nutter Butter cookies, vanilla pudding, and Cool Whip are layered and topped with a creamy peanut butter drizzle. If you are a banana pudding fan and peanut butter lover, this is a must make recipe.
This recipe makes use of store-bought ingredients and is super easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to get all the ingredients ready and then a little more time to make the layers.
- Nutter Butter Cookies– used instead of the traditional Vanilla Wafers. They taste so yummy when they get soft in the banana pudding.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix– Using store-bought vanilla pudding mix greatly cuts down on prep time.
- Milk– use whole milk. Evaporated milk can be used for an even creamier pudding.
- Cool Whip– fresh whipped cream can be used instead but you can’t beat the convenience of Cool Whip.
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter– gets melted in the microwave and drizzled on top for more peanut butter flavor. Use as little or as much as you want.
You will want to assemble the banana pudding at least 2 hours in advance so the cookies have a chance to get soft.
Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Recipe Tips
Use ripe, but not overripe bananas. They should have few if any black spots. If you use overripe bananas, they will turn brown faster and the pudding will have an overpowering banana flavor.
Slice bananas just before assembling. They will turn brown as they are exposed to air.
Will keep for 2 to 3 days in an airtight containeror covered tightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. The pudding and Cool Whip will break down and get watery over time.
More Banana Pudding Recipes
There are so many ways you can eat Banana Pudding!
- Homemade Banana Pudding
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- Banana Pudding Pancakes
- Twinkie Banana Pudding
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- 3-Quart Trifle Dish
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Extra cookies for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl whisk together pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.Fold in one container of Cool Whip.
- Spread 1/3 of pudding mixture into the bottom of a 3-quart glass serving bowl or a trifle dish.
- Arrange half the cookies and half the banana slices on top.
- Repeat layers with another third of the pudding mixture, the remaining cookies and remaining banana slices.
- Top with remaining pudding mixture and spread remaining Cool Whip on top.
- If you want more cookies on top, crumble about 4 cookies and sprinkle them on top.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Drizzle on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.